Ahh Valentine’s Day, the first of the years seasonal celebrations, and the perfect excuse to get in the kitchen and bake. Everyone knows that love is best expressed through baking, and there’s no better way to impress the one you love than being presenting them with beautifully decorated cupcakes – especially if they have a sweet tooth.
I had such a good day in the kitchen on Sunday baking these babes, and I don’t know if you’ve noticed but I’ve been working on my photography and editing recently. I almost love the photoshoot as much as the baking and that’s saying something. They always say if you want to improve just pick up your camera and shoot away and that’s pretty much exactly what I’ve been doing. I also finally purchased Lightroom and Photoshop which has been an absolute game changer!!
Let me know if you have any good photography and editing tips.
Disclaimer: I was kindly gifted in kind some cake decorations from Cake Angels to create these cupcakes.Jump to Recipe
I Heart You Cupcakes
- 200 g butter softened
- 200 g caster sugar
- 170 g self-raising flour
- 3 eggs large
- 30 g coco powder
- 1 tsp cherry flavouring
- 12 maraschino cherries
Chocolate Cherry Buttercream
- 250 g butter softened
- 450 g icing sugar
- 50 g coco powder
- 1 tsp cherry flavouring
- 100 g white chocolate
- 1-2 drops red food colouring
- 2 sets Cake Angels She Loves Me decorations
- Preheat the oven to 160C and line a cupcake tray with 12 cupcake cases.
- In a large bowl or standing mixer add the butter, sugar, flour, coco powder and eggs and mix together for 2-3 minutes until well combined.
- Add the cherry flavouring and mix well then divide the mixture evenly between the 12 cupcake cases.
- Place a maraschino cherry in the centre of each cupcake and cover it up with the cupcake batter, then put in the oven to bake for 25 minutes or until they spring back when touched. Leave to cool on a wire rack
For the decorations
- To make the heart decorations start by melting the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Once melted, add in 1-2 drops of red food colouring until it becomes pink. Leave it in the bowl too cool for a few minutes and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with baking paper.
- Once the chocolate is cool, prepare a piping bag with a writing tip nozzle and fill the piping bag with the chocolate.
- Pipe out as many hearts as you can of varying sizes and then pop the tray in the fridge for the chocolate to set.
For the buttercream
- Add the butter, icing sugar and coco powder into a large bowl or standing mixer and mix for 5 minutes until soft and fluffy. Add the cherry flavouring and mix through to blend it in.
- Prepare a piping bag with a rose tip nozzle and scoop the buttercream into the piping bag. Pipe swirls of buttercream on top of each cupcake.
- Top each cupcake with two set chocolate hearts and 2 small roses from the Cake Angels She Loves Me Decorating set.
You need to take part in a contest for one of the best websites on the
internet. I’m going to recommend this web site!
I was recommended this web site by my cousin. I am not positive whether or not this
put up is written via him as no one else understand such distinct about my difficulty.
You are amazing! Thanks!
Thank you for another fantastic article. Where else may just anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect method of writing?
I’ve a presentation next week, and I am on the search for such information.
Hey there I am so thrilled I found your blog, I really found you by error, while I was researching on Google for something else, Anyhow I am
here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a tremendous post and a all round exciting blog (I
also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the
moment but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds,
so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the superb work.