Surprise Santa this year with the ultimate hot chocolate bomb to drink with his mince pie; the most exciting way to drink hot chocolate this year!
WHAT IS A HOT CHOCOLATE BOMB?
Put simply a Hot Chocolate Bomb is exactly what it says on the tin. Melted chocolate is shaped into a sphere which is then filled with Hot Chocolate powder, marshmallows and other surprises and sealed to create a ball. The decorations are endless and you can choose to either leave them as they are or design them into something like Reindeers, Snowmen or like I have here as a Christmas pudding.
The trend for these creative Hot Chocolate bombs this year has gone through the roof and it’s been so great seeing so many bakers out there getting creative with their designs. If you’re vegan you must try The Little Blog of Vegan’s Snowman Bomb.
ARE THEY HARD TO MAKE?
Although they look complicated and fiddly Hot Chocolate Bombs are actually so simple to create, it just requires a little patience. As long as you have all the equipment to hand they can be ready in as little as 20 minutes, which I know its about 10x slower than it takes to make a normal hot chocolate but these are all about fun and putting a smile on our faces and we all need that at this time of year.
These will also make amazing gifts and you can create these, store them in silicone bags and hand them out to family or neighbours! Have a go and don’t forget to tag me in any of your recreations.
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE THESE HOT CHOCOLATE BOMBS?
So you can make these delicious Hot Chocolate Bombs you will need to get yourself prepared with a few things. After that it’s a super simple and fun creation the whole family can get involved with.
- A silicone dome mould
- A food safe brushes
- Dark chocolate
- Hot chocolate powder
- Mini Marshmallows
- Milk to serve
If you don’t want to drink this with milk you can substitute easily with a dairy free alternative and it will work perfectly too!
Christmas Pudding Hot Chocolate Bomb
- 100 g Asda extra special Madagascan dark chocolate
- 50 g Asda extra special Madagascan vanilla white chocolate
- 6 tsp Asda Extra Special Fairtrade indulgent Drinking Chocolate
- Asda pink and white marshmallows
- Asda Holly and Berries Christmas Sprinkles
- Chop up the dark chocolate then put ¾ into a bowl to melt in the microwave or in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Heat until fully melted then bring out and add the ¼ of chopped chocolate and stir it through to temper the chocolate mixture.
- Place a tablespoon of chocolate into each sphere silicone mould the using a food safe brush, brush a thin layer to cover the mould and leave to set in the freezer. Repeat with a second layer to ensure it’s thick enough and then once chilled peel them out of the mould and leave on a clean surface ready to be filled and decorated.
- Fill half of the spheres with 2 teaspoons of indulgent drinking chocolate and a small handful of mini marshmallows then Pipe some melted chocolate around the rim of the chocolate spheres and attach the second sphere on top, pressing together gently to seal in the fillings.
- To decorate melt down the white chocolate and pour it into a piping bag. Snip the end and carefully pipe the white chocolate across the top of the spheres and top with 2 holly leaves and some berries from the Asda Holl and Berries Christmas sprinkles.
- Heat up some milk and pour into a wide mug large enough for the bomb to fit in, then place the bomb into the hot milk and watch as it melts and creates the ultimate Christmas hot chocolate.