When you mix chocolate with biscuits, more chocolate, dried fruit and then spooky sweets you will find yourself with the most delicious Halloween Rocky Road EVER. This is a jam packed rocky road using plenty of filling to give it extra crunch. The secret ingredient is popping candy which is what takes this to the next level of epic. You really have to try them!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Easy and quick | This one bowl creation is whipped up in 20 minutes and is so easy you can leave most of it to little hands. The only downside is the waiting whilst it chills.
Creative and Adaptable | The fact you can add lots of different ingredients to the mix for the recipe is what makes it so fun and creative. You can take the base ingredients and experiment with lots of different flavour combinations. And it’s not just the flavours you can be creative with, if you love white chocolate more you can make it with white chocolate instead.
A family favourite | One thing is for sure that unless they don’t like chocolate or biscuits, this recipe is guaranteed to go down like a storm. It can easily last in the fridge, stored airtight for 1 week but I really doubt it’ll last that long.
WHAT IS IN A ROCKY ROAD?
A traditional Rocky Road is a chocolate and biscuit chilled dessert with marshmallows, dried fruits and nuts. The combination of all these ingredients work so well together with the crunch of biscuit and soft chew of the marshmallow and dried fruit. Over the years the classic recipe has been adapted to include all kinds of other fillings including sweets and more chocolate. Either way this family favourite isn’t going anywhere as it’s really easy and fun to make and can be quickly adapted to suit any needs.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THIS HALLOWEEN ROCKY ROAD
These Rocky Roads are slightly thicker than your usual, because I like a good chunky rocky road. The thickness is thanks to plenty of chocolate and lots of biscuit and the base can be easily made with most of your baking cupboard essentials. When it comes to the additional ingredients this is where you can choose to take it or leave it. Personally I wouldn’t leave it as these additions take it from a nice Rocky Road to the best you’ll ever eat, and that secret ingredient is a winner. So here’s what you’ll need:
- Golden Syrup
- Dark Chocolate
- Milk Chocolate
- Digestive Biscuits
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chocolate covered raisins
- Glace Cherries
- Chocolate coated popping candy
- White Chocolate
- Gummy Snakes
- Gummy teeth and lips
- Edible Eyes
If you’re vegan, all these ingredients can be swapped out for vegan alternatives.
Shop these ingredients
OTHER HALLOWEEN BAKES YOU SHOULD TRY
I would love it if you tagged me @mykitchendrawer on Instagram if you make this Halloween Rocky Road. It’s the biggest honour to see my recipes come to life in your kitchen and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to drop me a message or let’s chat in the comments. Happy baking!
Halloween Rocky Road
- 8×8 square baking tin
- non-stick baking paper
- Large mixing bowl
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- 400 g dark chocolate
- 200 g milk chocolate
- 300 g digestive biscuits
- 200 g mini marshmallows
- 100 g chocolate covered raisins
- 100 g glace cherries
- 50 g chocolate coated popping candy
- 100 g white chocoalte
- gummy Snakes
- gummy teeth and lips
- edible eyes
- Line a 8×8 baking tin with non stick baking paper
- Add the butter, golden syrup and both dark and milk chocolate to a large saucepan and heat it slowly, stirring often, until it's completely melted. Leave to cool a little.
- In a large bowl crush the digestive biscuits with a rolling pin until you have a mixture of bite sized pieces, crumbs and dust
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the biscuits, add the marshmallows, raisins and popping candy and stir it all through until evenly combined.
- Add the mixture into baking tin, spreading it out to all corners and ensuring it's even.
- Melt the white chocolate slowly in the microwave then drizzle it across the rocky road mixture to look like cobwebs.
- Top the rocky road with the sweets and edible eyes and then leave in the fridge for 2 hours until set hard.
- Remove from the fridge and let it warm up a little before slicing into 9 generous squares and serving.