This Cookies and Cream Sheet Cake combines a moist oil based sponge filled with delicious Oreos and a soft, creamy buttercream made subtly sweet with cream cheese so there’s more room for lots of crushed and crumbled Oreos on top.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Delicious Cookies and Cream flavour | This is packed full of Oreo flavour. From the vanilla sponge that is packed with Oreo biscuits, to the smooth whipped cream cheese icing flavoured and decorated with Oreo biscuits. Needless to say if you like cake, vanilla and Oreo biscuits, then you’ll LOVE this recipe.
Easy and quick to make | The best thing about sheet cakes is that they are so quick and easy to pull together. They bake really well and evenly and can be decorated super quickly too.
Perfect for parties | The sheet cake is also a perfect party cake. Alongside the ease and speed of creating it, it’s also so easy to cut up and serve.
CAN I MAKE THIS AS A LAYER CAKE OR CUPCAKES?
Yes of course! This recipe can easily be adapted into cupcakes or a layer cake.
The recipe below will make approx 16 cupcakes, simply follow the recipe as guided, then use an ice cream scoop to evenly distribute the batter between the cupcake cases.
The cream cheese icing may be a little looser than required for piping so if you feel like it needs to be stiffer, add in a little more icing sugar until you have the consistency you’re happy with to pipe the icing on top.
You will be able to get a 2-3 layer cake from this recipe if using 6 inch cake tins. To layer and assemble the cake you’ll need to level the cake sponges off and double the amount of cream cheese icing to ensure you have enough to fill and coat the entire cake. For the decoration leave 6-8 Oreo Biscuits aside so you can sit them on top of the cake at the end.
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED
Most of the tools and ingredients to make this Cookies and Cream Sheet Cake should already be in your cupboards but just in case see the list below of the key tools and ingredients you will need.
- Rectangle Baking 35cm x 24cm
- Non-stick Baking Paper
- Large mixing bowl
- Rolling Pin
- Off-Set Spatula
- Plain Flour
- Caster sugar
- Baking powder
- Bicarbonate of soda
- Fine salt
- Sunflower oil
- Large eggs
- Cream Cheese
- Unsalted butter
- Icing sugar
Shop this Recipe
MORE OREO RECIPES TO TRY
I would love it if you tagged me @mykitchendrawer on Instagram if you make this Cookies and Cream Sheet Cake. It’s the biggest honour to see my recipes come to life in your kitchen and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to drop me a message. Happy baking!
Cookies and Cream Sheet Cake
For the sponge
- 225 g plain flour
- 300 g caster sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp fine salt
- 175 ml sunflower oil plus extra for greasing
- 1 tsp vanilla extract cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 175 ml milk
- 150 g Oreo biscuits crushed
For the buttercream
- 150 g unsalted butter softened
- 200 g icing sugar
- 250 g cream cheese
- 150 g Oreo Biscuits crushed and crumbs
For the sponge
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C then grease and line a rectangle cake tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt and whisk together to combine.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the oil, vanilla and eggs until combined, then whisk through the milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, followed by the crushed Oreo biscuits and whisk until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and tap it firmy onto a worktop to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes then let the sponge cool fully before decorating.
For the buttercream and decoration
- Beat your softened butter in a bowl then add the the icing sugar gradually until everything is really smooth
- Remove where possible any excess water from your cream cheese then add this to the butter and icing sugar and gently fold it through until smooth.
- Add the almost all of the crushed and crumbled Oreo and fold it through the mixture.
- Finish by sprinkling over the remaining Oreo biscuits and then serve.