These White Chocolate Easter brownies are every bit as fudgy and delicious as the classic chocolate brownie and packed full of your favourite Easter treats. But wait, isn’t a white chocolate brownie… a blondie? No, not at all my friends. Blondies aren’t actually made with white chocolate. Learn more about the differences between the two below.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Something different | You’ve mastered the classic chocolate brownie world, now it’s time to master the White Chocolate Brownie world. They are a fun new recipe to try if you’re bored of eating standard brownies and are a great talking point when someone asks “Are these Blondies?”
One for the white chocolate lovers | White Chocolate lovers will implode with this recipe. It’s packed full of that creamy, sweet white chocolate flavour.
Perfect Easter treat | You can bake these alone or give them a seasonal twist with the nations favourite; Mini Eggs. But don’t stop at Mini Eggs as you can decorate with plenty of other fun treats too like White Chocolate Malteser Bunnies.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BLONDIES AND WHITE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES?
Most of us have gone through life contently thinking that Blondies were just a White Chocolate Brownie. Well today I’m going to blow your mind because guess what? What makes Blondies “Blonde” isn’t white chocolate at all.
What is a Blondie then? A blondie is a dessert bar just like a brownie but the melted chocolate and cocoa are replaced with vanilla and brown sugar. You can of course add white chocolate chips to the mixture but this will just make it a “White Chocolate Blondie”
What is a White Chocolate Brownie? They are exactly the same as a classic chocolate brownie but use White Chocolate instead of dark chocolate. They keep the same fudgy texture, they have the same classic shiny top and they taste unbelievably good!
Are they not too sweet? White Chocolate is distinctly sweeter than dark or milk chocolate given the higher sugar content and lower cocoa content so yes these will be sweeter. However when stuffed with milk or dark chocolate treats you get a really delicious balance of flavour.
SHOP WHITE CHOCOLATE
OTHER MINI EGG BAKES YOU SHOULD TRY
White Chocolate Easter Brownies
For the Brownie
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 200 g white chocolate at least 28% cocoa
- 4 large eggs
- 275 g caster sugar
- 100 g plain flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 100 g chopped Mini Eggs
- 50 g Mini Eggs
- 4 White Chocolate Malteaser Bunnies
- Melt the butter and chocolate together gently then leave to cool.200 g unsalted butter, 200 g white chocolate
- Whisk the eggs and the sugar together until thick and mousse-like then add the cooled chocolate mixture and slowly fold it through.4 large eggs, 275 g caster sugar
- Add the plain flour and vanilla and carefully fold them through until just combined.100 g plain flour, 2 tsp vanilla
- Fold through the chopped mini eggs then pour the mixture into a lined brownie tin100 g chopped Mini Eggs
- Bake for 25 minutes in the oven at 170°C.
- Remove from the oven and while the brownie is still warm, stud it with whole mini eggs and some malt easer bunnies.
- Leave to cool fully before cutting into squares and serving. MY KITCHEN TIP: For extra fudginess once cooled, leave in fridge overnight. This makes it easier to cut and improves the fudge texture.