WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN DRAWER
I’m Alix, a 30-something baking addict, cookbook author and self-taught baker and food photographer/food stylist from Bedfordshire, England.
My Kitchen Drawer was born in 2015 as a way to document all the creations I was baking having just moved from from Buckinghamshire to Surrey. For the first few months with my social life somewhat halved I decided to fill empty weekends with a hobby I’d always dabbled in and loved but never before had time to master. That hobby was baking.
The more I baked the more equipment I accumulated and at the time my petite square kitchen had only one narrow drawer to house them. My Kitchen Drawer is an incarnation for this narrow drawer and it’s where this baking journey began.
Today I hope My Kitchen Drawer to be a little slice of the internet for fellow bakers and creative go getters to come for fun and colourful recipes that bring happiness to those who create them and eat them, helpful kitchen tips, tutorials and baking life muses. If you love colour, sugar, cake and baked goods that spark joy then you’ll feel right at home here.
In a nutshell; this is my Baking Biography and I hope that in some way you’ll leave here inspired to get in your own kitchen drawer and whip up something delicious.
10 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ME…
- I am an Author of a cookbook trilogy The Unicorn Cookbook, The Mermaid Cookbook and The Tropical Cookbook
- I have an entire cupboard in my kitchen dedicated to sprinkles and food colouring
- I read cookbooks like novels
- Cake is where this love affair all began, but I don’t really like eating cake.
- Lemon Meringue Pie…that is all
- My favourite thing to bake is BABKA
- I’m an accredited journalist with a degree in Journalism.
- I suffer with anxiety and use baking to quieten my mind hoping to inspire others to do the same
- My Nan is my baking hero
- I’ve had lunch with my other baking hero Mary Berry and afternoon tea with Prue Leith. Just dinner or breakfast 😉 with Mr Hollywood left and that’ll be two trilogies complete!