WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN DRAWER
I’m Alix, a 30 year old baking addict, cookbook author and self-taught baker and food photographer/food stylist from Bedfordshire, England.
My Kitchen Drawer was born in 2015 as a way to document all the creations I was baking having just moved from from Buckinghamshire to Surrey. For the first few months with my social life somewhat halved I decided to fill empty weekends with a hobby I’d always dabbled in and loved but never before had time to master. That hobby was baking.
The more I baked the more equipment I accumulated and at the time my petite square kitchen had only one narrow drawer to house them. My Kitchen Drawer is an incarnation for this narrow drawer and it’s where this baking journey began.
Today I hope My Kitchen Drawer to be a little slice of the internet for fellow bakers and creative go getters to come for fun and colourful recipes, helpful kitchen tips, tutorials and baking life muses. If you love colour, sugar, cake and baked goods that soothe the soul then you’ll feel right at home here.
In a nutshell; this is my Baking Biography and I hope that in some way you’ll leave here inspired to get in your own kitchen drawer and whip up something delicious.
10 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ME…
- I’m obsessed with sausage dogs, no seriously you have no idea.
- My Nan is my baking hero (she’s mentioned a lot)
- I am a morning person…in the summer and on the weekends.
- I love the process of baking more than the eating.
- Lemon Meringue Pie…that is all
- But coffee first
- Cake is where this love affair all began
- I’m an accredited journalist with a degree in Journalism.
- I am an Author with two cookbooks The Mermaid Cookbook and The Unicorn Cookbook
- I am my own worst critic